Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look Out Viking Fans The Final Puzzle Piece Has Arrived  (Read 15850 times)
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« on: Aug 18, 2009, 08:04:32 PM »

I've been a huge Vikings fan since the 70's and the days of Sir Francis.
While I've mixed feelings about the whole Favre drama, I do believe this opens up a window to make a Super Bowl run. The chips and Salsa are on me for the Purple Haze Super Bowl Party.
Go Vikes  Cool
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2009, 08:50:11 AM »

A Vikings fan eh?  Hrmmm...not a Buccaneer fan then? Cheesy  But then again, are there really Buccaneer fans period  Grin  Speaking of QB controversy...I'm still trying to figure out if the Michael Vick thing for Philly is a good or bad thing.  It's not really a QB controversy obviously because McNabb is the starter but Vick properly motivated can bring some interesting dynamics to the field especially in special situations & audibles. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:23:18 AM »

Favre has gone from a living legend to a complete joke in only two years.  Not saying his presence won't help the Vikings this year, but his demeanor and attitude after life in Green Bay has been horribly selfish.  Much unlike the persona he previously created for himself as THE Packer.

I'd love to see the Vikings win a Super Bowl, here's hoping it can finally happen.

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2009, 01:42:39 PM »

I think this was a big mistake for the Vikings. Sage Rosenfels is already as good as Favre is at this point in his career and the Vikings didn't have to guarantee him $12 million dollars. BTW, I am sure Favre will "retire" again after 2009. He's signed through 2010.

Look, Favre WAS a great QB...key word WAS. He had better WR's in NY and still threw a whopping 22 INT's and played like crap down the stretch. I don't believe he can physically make it through a 16-game schedule any more.

The Vikes have a great running game and tough run defense...and if they can convince Favre to protect the ball and not be the gunslinger he's been throughout his career, this could work.

But Favre doesn't make the Vikings any better or worse IMO, just poorer and more open to distraction from all the publicity.

Who's house? Run's house.
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »

Sage did look good in the first preseason game, but I do think Favre offers a little more.
Plus if Sage goes down, T-Jack is an absolute joke as a QB.
My hope is that Favre's experience will pay off here. He won't have to be a gunslinger because of All Day at running back.
We have a rock solid D and the best running game in football.
If Favre can be half of what he once was, I think we're looking at a Super Bowl run.
It's hard to get there no matter what but I see a run at it anyway.
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »

A Vikings fan eh?  Hrmmm...not a Buccaneer fan then? Cheesy  But then again, are there really Buccaneer fans period  Grin  Speaking of QB controversy...I'm still trying to figure out if the Michael Vick thing for Philly is a good or bad thing.  It's not really a QB controversy obviously because McNabb is the starter but Vick properly motivated can bring some interesting dynamics to the field especially in special situations & audibles. 

Hmmm....I get the feeling there's some deliberate ribbing in those first comments.

My father is from Minnesota and is a big Vikings fan.  I'll have to see how he feels about this.  I agree Favre needs to step down.  He's proven himself, and will not improve, and it will not end pretty.

Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »

Favre has gone from a living legend to a complete joke in only two years.  Not saying his presence won't help the Vikings this year, but his demeanor and attitude after life in Green Bay has been horribly selfish.  Much unlike the persona he previously created for himself as THE Packer.

I'd love to see the Vikings win a Super Bowl, here's hoping it can finally happen.
Perhaps I should explain...
I grew up near Philly so have always been somewhat of an Eagles fan.
But it was Fran Tarkenton who first drew me as a kid into football. I kinda feel like I owe my love of the game to watching him and those 1970's Viking games.
As for the Bucs... When I was teaching The Bucs and Vikes were in the same division. In those days I took incredible heat for being a Vikings fan. A couple of those guys made it so rough that I just couldn't bring myself to root for them.
The only time I go to see them at RayJay is on the rare times the Vikes are in town.
Unfortunately, in 98 I was there for the only damn loss the team had that season (until the conf championship)
Last year I just wanted to be able to say I saw All Day run in person.
In baseball I'm a Rays fan, but still love the Phils, so last year's World Series was a dream come true.
In Hockey it's the same, Lightning and Flyers.
In Basketball it's the 76ers. Never got into the Orlando Magic although I've been to a couple of games.
That's my sports story....
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2009, 09:21:29 AM »

I've moved around a bit as a kid, so I never really had a home team to call myself a fan of .  I became a Phillies fan way back in 1980 when I was 5.  The team had so much character (like it does now kinda), and had so many personalities to watch, that it drew me in.  It kinda bled over to the other sports teams like the Flyers and the Eagles.  The 76ers, I liked when they had Barkley, now I hardly watch basketball at all.  That's about it.  Baseball is still my thing, but I get into Football and Hockey a lot more now than as a kid. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2009, 03:47:16 PM »

Favre has the Vikes at 7-1... can't deny the success he's had so far.

Damn Hauschka missed that FG that would have beaten the Vikings 2 weeks ago.

I still think the Saints are the cream of the NFC crop.

I also wonder how the Eagles would fare against the Vikings.

Who's house? Run's house.
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »

I'll just take the 7-1, sitting pretty on top of the NFC North and a much needed bye to get Winfield healthy.
How about Parcy "Cheech" Harvin for Rookie Of The Year?
Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2009, 04:33:16 PM »

How about Parcy "Cheech" Harvin for Rookie Of The Year?

Agreed.

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: