Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 3378 times)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« on: Jul 13, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »

I was curious about this title, since Freak had mentioned it wasn't so bad, and I had heard that it could be an attainable Platinum. So I gave it a rental on Saturday night...and returned it Sunday afternoon.  I honestly feel bad for anyone that purchased this at full price.  Sad

I played through it on Hard difficulty (and received a Platinum trophy) in about 6 hours, and a vast majority of that time was either spent replaying missions, or staring at the (pretty cool) loading screen.  Just too short of a game to warrant the price tag.  Repetitive gameplay, glitchiness, horrible AI, cheap deaths, this game has it all.  Not to mention the fact that the game would freeze at the most inopportune moments.

And to those that would be willing to defend this game, answer me this.  A grand total of six enemies???  Little flying things, big flying things, robotic spiders, robotic bikes, and two versions of the same Terminator.  That's it.  No boss fights.  This game was rushed to the shelves quicker than you can say "money grab".  I feel bad for GRIN as they are fully capable of bringing us a quality gaming experience (Bionic Commando Rearmed), but likely weren't given the time and resources required to make this game playable.

Even the trophies are a joke, as you're awarded a Gold for finishing each Chapter on ANY difficulty, and the coveted Platinum for finishing the game on Hard.

The cover system was pretty cool, but SUPER finicky.  Once in cover, you can move from cover to cover quickly and accurately, which is a major gameplay element.  However, you can't pick up items or objects while in cover.  If you're pinned down by gunfire and out of ammo, but there's a clip sitting at your feet, you have to stand up from behind cover to bend down and pick up the clip.  Yikes.

If you're looking for 1000 gamescore or a Platinum, give it a rent.  It's not ALL bad, but there's enough frustrations and WTF moments to leave me shaking my head.  For the final group of enemies, all I was left with was a rocket launcher, grenade launcher and not enough ammo to take care of them.  After a few fruitless attempts, I tried just running past them.  Success.  /shakes head.

Anyone else gonna give this a go?
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2009, 02:45:33 PM by teedub » Logged

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:41:25 PM »

I thought about getting it for the points, but I have so many games to go through right now, and more to come, that I really need to cool it off, especially if its no good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: