Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last movie you watched in Blu-Ray and your impressions  (Read 3912 times)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« on: Jul 13, 2009, 08:07:20 AM »

Figure I make this a sticky.  Trying something new in Blu-Ray since a lot of us are still new to the genre.  Take a movie you saw in Blu recently (like over the weekend) and give a mini-review.  Others are encouraged to chime in and comment on that title or experiences of their own.  Hopefully this will give us a little more to talk about in Blu-Ray discussion. 

I'll go first I reckon.

We got the chance to watch Hancock in Blu-Ray.  I've had heard good and bad about this film but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Wil Smith's demeanor and personality was a joy to watch and he pulled off the non-caring arse act quite well.  And he actually grew in the picture emotionally which is always nice to see.  The movie arched well and gave me actually a lot of pause in the extremely tense ending (I wasn't sure which way they were going to go but I'm very satisfied with it), Film gets 4 out of 5.

Video was top notch, it looked awesome.  Sure I still have butterflies when watching newer movies on Blu-Ray still but I go with 4.5/5 here. 

Audio (TrueHD 5.1) was excellent, but not quite the blow-away I was hoping for.  It certainly used the surrounds but in a subtle way.  We'll go 3.5/5. 

Can't say much for supplements, didn't really get a chance to look them through.  A good number of featurettes though. 

I'd say 4/5 overall.  One of my favorite movies in quite some time. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

Watched Push last night. The movie was meh, but it looked great.

Watched Total Recall the other day. Great movie, but not the best to show off a new TV, do to the amount of noise. But still, better than DVD and I much prefer a dirty print to DNR. But one thinks, did they just film it on bad stock (it was 35mm), or did they use a crappy print for the BD.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »

Transformers 2. It was also the first movie I ever watched on my new BR player.

Aesthetically, the movie was perfect. Great visuals and sound. Could've used more lows during some action sequences even though the lows were awesome in the music and with off-screen noises.

Who's house? Run's house.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: