Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAX 2009  (Read 15004 times)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« on: Jun 26, 2009, 09:38:59 AM »

Anyone going to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle this year?

I'll be there!!!  If anyone's going we can organize a meet and greet.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2009, 06:50:46 AM »

I wish I was going.  Too far away I'm afraid though.  It would have been nice  Grin

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2009, 08:50:09 AM »

Then you should consider a trip to D/FW for the Screwattack Gaming Convention this weekend.  I wish I could go to that as well, but I'm lucky enough to be heading to PAX.

http://www.sgconvention.com/

It's going to be EPIC, and it's not THAT far from you.  Take lots of pics!  Wink

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2009, 09:20:41 AM »

Looks like a lot of fun.  But a little sudden.  The convention isn't priced bad, I would just have to figure out the hotel part of the equation.  (DFW is still 4-5 hours each way).  I just wish I knew a little sooner.  If I do go, yes pictures will be taken (probably mostly by Sarah).   We'll see. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »

I think it'd be a worthwhile trip, I checked the schedule, and there's a lot going on.  I'd definitely make the drive if I was in your shoes.  I'm flying 2600kms to go to a gaming convention, you just have to hop on the I-45 and head North for a few hours.  Wink

There's something to be said for spontaneous road trips (AND it's a long weekend).  Excuses are limited, my good sir.  Tell Craig that "G1 teedub" sent ya!  Smiley

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2009, 03:45:19 PM »

I'd totally go to that DFW thing if it weren't this weekend.  I used to live in Dallas, so I have friends I could bunk with and could totally make it a random trip with no forethought.  Unfortunately, like I said, it being this weekend screws it up.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2009, 04:50:24 PM »

Forgot you were a Texan, Cronnie!  Wish I could go to both, but PAX takes priority for me.  Hopefully Ked can head up there for the both of us.  Smiley

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »

If you're actually considering going, check this link for discounted hotel rooms.  Offer expires tomorrow at 11:59pm, I believe.

http://tinyurl.com/nnxfy8

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2009, 06:40:58 AM »

Thanks for the link Smiley, but $99 a night?  PSHHHHHH.  I can find something cheaper on the outskirts of Dallas (in the $60-$70 range) and drive in.  I still am not sure if I am going.  Part of me would like to go sure, but I'm not quite sure yet.  We'll see, I'll probably know by tomorrow night. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »

The fact that you're considering it makes me smile.  Smiley

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »

I am considering it.  However, it does depend on a couple of things, some of which is finances and some of which is personal.  Hard to get organized with such little time on this thing.  I've done crazier stuff before though. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »

I completely understand.  It's tough to be spontaneous when there's other people involved.  Heck, it's been tough planning a trip to Seattle 10 weeks in advance!

Here's hoping everything works in your favour.  Think of the column you could write next week!  Wink

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »

Ha, it would be its own special write up.  That's the only way to reasonably handle it. 
And Sarah wouldn't mind going one bit, anything to get out of the house.  She's a gamer too, and she's got spunk.  (I love her so  Wink)

So okay I have two questions (and you can tell I am investigating this seriously).

1.Whose Craig?
2. Say I wanted to flash around the column some (or at least the site).  How much money and how long do you think it would take to print up oh 200 business cards?

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »

Craig is the CEO of the Screwattack site, he goes by "Stuttering Craig", though he has no stutter.  I've been a regular visitor to the site for a few years now, they've really grown and have spots on GameTrailers and IGN now.  Highly recommended, and the personalities there are great.

Business cards?  You could probably find a local print shop to do some up for you in a day.  Simple, one colour?  Probably looking at around $25-30 for 200, but that's just a guess.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: Jul 02, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

I thought about it heavily, and I really did consider it but decided against it in the end.  However, I am still looking into business cards, and working with Gino on designs/ideas since he's thinking about it too.  It makes the whole "I write reviews and a column for the site" "Yeah well what site is that?" "Upcomingdiscs.com" "Upcomingwhat?"  thing easier.  Here's da card   Grin  LOL

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: