Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen  (Read 15948 times)
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 30, 2009, 07:33:29 AM »

Not sure Mirage...I thought the Hangover was a horrible movie and it looks poised to clear $200 no sweat.  And despite the bad & critical reviews, people will still see that $200 million in one week and feel the need to go see it (whether they should or not is another question).  I'm going to go ahead and say $375 million. 

Well you're like the only person I know of on Earth who hated The Hangover. And your opinion aside, Hangover was far better rated than Transformers. I do expect Transformers to fall off big in the next 2 weeks.

Who's house? Run's house.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 30, 2009, 07:35:10 AM »

To prove a point, when I attended the Hangover, there were kids in the audience and I can bet Hangover has a lot more filth than Transformers does.  Joe schmoe doesn't pay attention to reviews and he could care less about his kids.  All he wants is two hours where he can have some peace and leave his brain at home.  I mean, I'm going to see it regardless (Transformers is very near and dear to my heart).  And to be perfectly honest, my parents would have let me see it when I was kid.  So I really don't see that as an issue.  This thing will make 375.  400 is questionable, but I would not be surprised. 

Average adults who go to the theater once or twice a year aren't going to see Transformers. That is the difference between this and TDK.

I am betting Transformers will end up at around $300-350 million.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Jul 20, 2009, 12:52:01 PM »

Welp, 375-400 looks to be more correct  Wink, pretty much what I thought.  Sarah and I finally saw it this past weekend.  I think the first movie was better, but I didn't the sequel was ass either.  For one who followed the cartoon show like a gospel, they did take some literary license with it but it still feels like Transformers.  And the "slow motion" shots of Megan Fox weren't that bad, I think some critics blow things out of proportion.  Isabel Lucas (the female bot that seduces Sam) was pretty hot just for the record.  I'd give it a B- (the first one I thought was an A-).  Curious question, outside of Optimus, Ironhide, Jetfire, Megatron and Starscream...did anybody have a clue who the other robots were (I've looked it up now and understand who was who, so I'm not asking for identification)...I had no idea that the two wigger bots as I like to call them were Wheelie and Skids until I saw the credits.  Same with some of the other bots. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 21, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »

I thought wrong Ked. You called it.

Still wont equal TDK numbers but it could come a lot closer than I thought it would. Which is scary because all I have head is that this movie sucks balls.

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jul 21, 2009, 11:47:19 PM »

Still wont equal TDK numbers but it could come a lot closer than I thought it would. Which is scary because all I have head is that this movie sucks balls.

Sucks balls is harsh. It's got its moments and is simply a typical big-budget summer blockbuster.

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Jul 22, 2009, 06:42:53 AM »

I agree with Freak's sentiment.  I wasn't wowed like the first one but I didn't leave the theater feeling cheated either. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 21, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »

Should I pick this up on BR? I am sure it looks and sounds amazing but I heard the movie is God-awful.

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 21, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

Should I pick this up on BR? I am sure it looks and sounds amazing but I heard the movie is God-awful.

I think there's enough reference material on the BR to warrant a purchase. Reviews have it in and around perfection for sound and picture quality.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2009, 02:57:29 AM »

Is the whole movie IMAX in 1.78?

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »

I can confirm the normal 2 Disc version is all 2.35 and worth the purchase. Was the Walmart exclusive version the only one with the IMAX footage?

Picture and sound were perfect and it's even more of a sub workout than the first film.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Oct 25, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »

I love reference quality stuff, but I doubt I'd be willing to sit through this again for just that.

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 26, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »

I can confirm the normal 2 Disc version is all 2.35 and worth the purchase. Was the Walmart exclusive version the only one with the IMAX footage?

Picture and sound were perfect and it's even more of a sub workout than the first film.

Yes, the Walmart "Big Screen" DVD has about...5-10 mins of IMAX footage and it is incredible. (Man it is nice to finally be a part of these conversations!)

I found the sub-levels inconsistent on this movie though...especially during action scenes. Music and off-screen noises were very rich with lows though...however I found explosions and the combat action to be very lacking in bass at times

Overall though, this is hands down the best AV disc there is.

Too bad the movie itself was absolute garbage.

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 26, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »

Yes, the Walmart "Big Screen" DVD...

DVD or Blu-ray?

Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 26, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »

That might explain why no review copies were given out for the disc.
I was disappointed not to get one, but from the sounds of it the film was pretty lame.
That's why it was never covered in Upcomingdiscs.
Paramount has been keeping review discs back lately.
I hope we'll have the Trek disc in November to review for you guys.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 26, 2009, 01:57:48 PM »

Blu-Ray

I am guessing you meant to quote my post, MF.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: