Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen  (Read 16740 times)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« on: Jun 24, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/24/transformers.reviews/index.html

Doesn't look kind already, but I'm still excited.  The first one was awesome and hopefully the second one will be as well. 

I found this line in the article hilarious though:

In a cheeky review, iReporter "Achiever" praised Bay "for his excessive use of the 360 spinning crane cam" and the frequent slow-motion shots of Megan Fox fleeing.

"I'm certain that scientists will be able to extrapolate many books on information in the field of boob jiggling," he wrote.

Boob jiggling and Megan Fox, I like the movie already!  Grin

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2009, 05:40:25 PM »

The spinning shots were over the top, the slow-mo Megan Fox shots were way over the top and the childish humor was beyond over the top... but it worked for me because I could appreciate the other aspects of the movie, like the INSANE effects and somewhat interesting story. To be honest, their take on the history of the Transformers is flawed and they should've just made the film an all out battle for earth... instead they invented characters that have never appeared in Transformers to forward the story... which almost never works.

If the third film isn't an all out battle like Jackson did with Return of the King... it'll flop.

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »

More or less, the movie is very similar to the first. Really awesome effects/sound/action/cinematography, offset by an awful script filled with juvenile humor that was embarrassing to watch. The Twins were fucking retards. No two ways about it, they fucking had mental retardation. Worse part of the movie. I guess I am not the majority here, though...entire theater was filled with morons who were laughing at every awful joke in the damned movie. The only times I laughed were when Shia LaBoef died and some other time, both were moments where I was the only one there laughing. But the action was good. Really fun stuff, awesome effects, good cinematography, top-notch sound design. The music isn't as good as the first film. Those great themes are revisited, but the rest of the music is generic action stock. Nothing new here to note, sadly. Over-all, I give the movie a 7/10. It's retarded, it's childish...but it's also fun. As long as you can get past that juvenile humor.

OH, forgot one important detail: Josh Duhamel is now officially Michael Biehn.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2009, 08:01:07 AM »

The only times I laughed were when Shia LaBoef died

Uh, thanks for the spoiler alert...

Anyway, I think I might wait to watch this on DVD. I know it'll look and sound great so I might as well wait to watch it on Blu-Ray and 7.1

Who's house? Run's house.
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »

Yea, seriously becks, nice spoiler there.

I'll see if there are any friends that want to check this out this weekend.  If not, its not going to hurt my feelings.  I wasn't a big fan of the first, and from everything I've seen it looks like more or the same.  I'll definitely see it for the spectacle, and I am sure I'll get some nice moments, butI'm sure it'll be like the first where the "humor" isn't all there and scenes in between the action bits go on way too long.

darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2009, 09:07:16 PM »

Watched it last night not as strong as the original movie but had fun. Amazing SFX.

However a bit like the terminator I feel to much action and not enough story. B-
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2009, 11:10:41 PM »

It's not a spoiler when it's obvious the movie will hit the undo button 2 minutes later.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2009, 02:34:29 PM »

It's not a spoiler when it's obvious the movie will hit the undo button 2 minutes later.

What, now you're telling me he DOESN'T die?!  You're spoiling everything! Wink

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2009, 08:58:20 PM »

What, now you're telling me he DOESN'T die?!  You're spoiling everything! Wink

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2009, 06:45:02 AM »

I'll wait until the theaters calm down a bit before we go see this one.  But $200 million in a week...INSANE!  With that much bread in a week, does anybody think it can do Dark Knight numbers?  $300 is a gimme, $400 seem to be almost a lock. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »

It wont come close to TDK because that was a well reviewed movie with Ledger's final performance. It had word of mouth.

Transformers was a horribly reviewed movie aimed at 12 year olds. It has blown its load. Next week it will be lucky to make $30 million and will rapidly fall from the top spot.

Who's house? Run's house.
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2009, 01:38:14 PM »

Not sure Mirage...I thought the Hangover was a horrible movie and it looks poised to clear $200 no sweat.  And despite the bad & critical reviews, people will still see that $200 million in one week and feel the need to go see it (whether they should or not is another question).  I'm going to go ahead and say $375 million. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »

Transformers banks on families seeing it.  From what I hear, there's a lot in the movie thats pretty inappropriate for kids, and I think that will get around and stop people from going.  I already know of a couple people that have recommended not seeing it if you're taking kids.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »

To prove a point, when I attended the Hangover, there were kids in the audience and I can bet Hangover has a lot more filth than Transformers does.  Joe schmoe doesn't pay attention to reviews and he could care less about his kids.  All he wants is two hours where he can have some peace and leave his brain at home.  I mean, I'm going to see it regardless (Transformers is very near and dear to my heart).  And to be perfectly honest, my parents would have let me see it when I was kid.  So I really don't see that as an issue.  This thing will make 375.  400 is questionable, but I would not be surprised. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »

No doubt it will make that much, its already half way there in one week.
There are kids in every R-rated movie I see almost, because people are stupid.  That being said, I just don't see that group of people being big enough to make Transformers surpass Dark Knight.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: