Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: InFamous  (Read 13439 times)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2009, 01:45:57 PM »

Took a day off from work yesterday to recover from the half marathon on Sunday.  Took today off to do nothing but play InFamous.  I had a beer with breakfast!

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: Jun 26, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

Finished my first playthrough as "good", will proably take a short break before launching into my second.  What an awesome game, a must-own.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Jun 30, 2009, 02:02:56 PM »

So much for a short break.  I'm already on the second island, going for the Platinum (Evil Karma, collecting all 350 blast shards, hardest difficulty).  Here's hoping for a 3rd Platinum by the weekend.

BTW, I recommended this game to JC, and he poopsocked it in just over two sessions.  Incredible.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009, 02:08:34 PM by teedub » Logged

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: Jul 01, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »

YOU JERKFACE!  I was trying to see how many consecutive posts I could have!  I was doing just fine conversing with myself, you know.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: Jul 07, 2009, 07:26:11 AM »

Not that anyone seems to give a rip, but I finished InFamous for the second time last night on Hard.  The final fight took 90mins and was one of the most frustrating (challenging) gaming experiences I've ever had (it was the closest I'd ever been to splinterizing a controller), culminating in a glorious feeling of accomplishment when it was all said and done.  The "ping" of the Platinum trophy was also a stellar moment.  One of my favourite games from this generation, hands down.
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2009, 07:28:05 AM by teedub » Logged

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2009, 07:40:49 AM »

I care  Wink, that's awesome you finished it on Hard, I almost never take the time to refinish things at higher difficulty.  I figure once it is done, it's done.  I'll say it once, I'll say it again.  If I get a PS3 ever, this will be the first game I'll buy, no questions asked. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »

Considering there's a guaranteed 2 playthrough minimum (Good and Evil) for fans of the game, I figured I'd ramp up the difficulty on the 2nd time through and shoot for the Platinum.  It's called "Hard" for good reason, it didn't mess about.

For your sake, I hope you one day get to check this game out in full.  If it wasn't for some occasional glitchyness, it would be an easy 10.  I'd give it a strong 9 1/2, and a permanent place on the shelf.

(The new PS3 bundles are pretty good, Killzone 2 and MGS4.)

darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jul 07, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »

Wow that is a pretty good endorsement. I will have to look into giving this game a go based upon the fact you have gone through multiple finishes.

BTW what sort of time did you do the half marathon in I am just curious.
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: Jul 07, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »

Half Marathon was 2:27 this year.  It was brutal, but I managed to shave 11 mins off of last year's time.  It was so hot, I've never seen that many people collapsed and being taken away before.  I'm not fit by any means, or shooting for a super time.  My ultimate goal is to be under 2:00, probably in a few more years.

If you own a PS3, and you DON'T own InFamous, you're cheating yourself out of a genius game.  I almost want to play it for a third time right away.  I will be revisiting sometime down the line for sure.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jul 08, 2009, 12:04:12 AM »

If you own a PS3, and you DON'T own InFamous, you're cheating yourself out of a genius game.  I almost want to play it for a third time right away.  I will be revisiting sometime down the line for sure.

Embarrassed

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: Jul 08, 2009, 07:19:05 AM »

Sad Face = you should at least rent it or something.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:42:12 PM »

I need to finish off a couple games, but I am at the top of the list in Goozex, so its definitely the next one up.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: Aug 12, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »

That's good to hear, I still think about that game on occasion.  Will revisit in the future.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: