Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: InFamous  (Read 12651 times)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« on: Jun 09, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »

Has anyone else tried this epic game?  Though I think Cron is the only active PS3 gamer around these parts...

It's so good that I've temporarily abandoned my quest for a Platinum on Wolverine.  It's just pure, unadulterated awesome.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2009, 10:42:21 AM »

As mentioned in my column last week, if I was to buy a PS3(or given one)...this would be the first game I would buy hands down.  It looks that good.  Glad you are having fun with it. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »

It's turning into a sickness, I know that I'll start up the second playthrough right after the first has ended.  I haven't been this stoked on a PS3 game since I played Uncharted.

If Sony wises up and drops the console price soon, this game could be a system seller.  It's THAT good.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »

After experiencing a small portion of the moral choices that this game presents, I'm fairly certain that I'm going to have a difficult time playing through this as the villain.  I'm not much for being evil, but I want to experience both distinct storylines.  Looks to be cringe-worthy.

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »

After experiencing a small portion of the moral choices that this game presents, I'm fairly certain that I'm going to have a difficult time playing through this as the villain.  I'm not much for being evil, but I want to experience both distinct storylines.  Looks to be cringe-worthy.

I went evil my first round of Fallout 3... killed anything and everything that moved on the map. It was fun.

It's much harder being good.  Wink

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »

It's the exact opposite in Fable II I thought though...it's much easier to go the path of good as opposed to being true evil. One of these days, I'll get to playing a true evil enough to the point of getting the Shadows achievement (where if I remember correctly you have to assassinate 10 people) if nothing else. 

Back to Infamous  Wink

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »

I'm bombarded myself with games again, but as soon as I am done with these I'm hoping InFamous gets a price drop and I'm all over it.  I played the demo on PSN, and while it had some rough edges I was really impressed with the overall feel.  Doing anything in the game just felt right and fun.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2009, 03:52:26 PM »

The demo was actually very weak compared to the actual game.  After playing the demo I wasn't interested, and then I tried the retail version at a friend's house and was hooked.

It's going to be tough to be evil after receiving all this praise from the people of the City.  I'll save them all, and then have to destroy them my next time through.  Harsh.

Cron, your Gamerscore is pretty crazy.  I'm impressed.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »

Yea, I really need to cool it down, and do more productive things in my time off.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »

Forget that!  Gamerscore and Trophies ARE productive!  Wink

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 11, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »

Achievements entice me to play games I would probably not normally play, so I just need to cut that stuff out.  There will be enough on my plate this holiday season.

I do have a friend thats even more hardcore than me at racking up points to where he even has a couple PIXAR games to mine for points.  He's asked if I want to play them, but I have respectfully declined......thus far.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »

I think Terminator Salvation may be my first foray into playing a game JUST for the trophies.

10 Golds and a Platinum for about 4-8 hours of playtime.  Not sure if you get both "difficulty" trophies by playing through on Hard.  Might take two playthroughs.  Either way, a rental for a platinum.

I hope to get a platinum for Wolverine sometime down the road, and InFamous could also be a possibility.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009, 02:46:08 PM by teedub » Logged

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Jun 17, 2009, 11:36:16 AM »

I'm just over halfway through the second island.  The scope of this game is quite epic, I'm loving it.  Just when I thought I might be getting a little bored with the side missions, they introduced more variety.  Smart game making for sure.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jun 17, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »

I saw some more video of this on X-Play.  I tell ya, where was this game two and a half years when I was deciding which system to buy  Wink?  Man, it looks awesome. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: Jun 18, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »

Being on the sticks for this game is awesome, better than any video.  It controls almost flawlessly, and I say almost because sometime it doesn't read my mind and grabs a different ledge than the one I was shooting for.  Not even a nitpick.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: