Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dexter Season 2  (Read 4911 times)
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« on: Apr 03, 2009, 11:36:07 AM »

A SERIAL KILLER’S WORK NEVER LOOKED SO…BLU

DEXTER SEASON 2

Showtime’s Fan Favorite Series Starring Golden Globe® And Emmy® Nominee Michael C. Hall Debuts on Blu-ray May 5 From CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment

HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. – Revisit Showtime’s most watched original series in its darkly intoxicating sophomore season, when DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON slashes its way onto Blu-Ray May 5 from Showtime, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. The three-disc set includes all 12 riveting episodes and BD Live capability to access a host of delightfully twisted special features.

Anchored by an intelligent, quirky and eerily subversive performance by Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominee Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under) as Dexter Morgan, a killer who serves as the series’ hero and star, this unique crime drama is equally horrifying and intoxicating.  For diehard fans and newcomers alike, DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON features a stellar ensemble cast that includes Julie Benz (Angel), Jennifer Carpenter (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Quarantine), Erik King (Ice Princess),C.S. Lee (The Unborn), Lauren Vélez (Numb3rs), David Zayas (Law & Order) and James Remar (Sex and the City).

The second season of DEXTER features guest performances from an array of stars including Keith Carradine (Nashville), JoBeth Williams (Poltergeist) and Jaime Murray (Valentine).  With exclusive BD Live bonus features including a “Blood Fountains” featurette, podcasts and the first two episodes of Showtime series United States of Tara and Nurse Jackie, DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON will be available on Blu-ray for the suggested retail price of $57.99 US and $65.99 CAN.

DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON is a three-disc set presented in 1080p High Definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD and Spanish 5.1 Dolby TrueHD sound.  The Blu-ray is not rated in the U.S. and rated 14A (Gory Scenes/ Brutal Violence) in Canada.  The total running time is 10 Hrs., 36 Min.  The DVD disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:                           
        •    It’s Alive!
        •    Waiting To Exhale
        •    An Inconvenient Lie
        •    See-Through

Disc Two:   
        •    The Dark Defender
        •    Dex, Lies, And Videotape
        •    That Night, A Forest Grew
        •    Morning Comes

Disc Three:       
        •    Resistance Is Futile
        •    There’s Something About Harry
        •    Left Turn Ahead
        •    The British Invasion       
        •    BD Live Special Features
        •    “Blood Fountains” Featurette
        •    Dark Defender Series
        •    Podcasts
        •    First two episodes of Showtime series Nurse Jackie
        •    First two episodes of Showtime series United States Of Tara

CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD business for the CBS Corporation across all lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library, as well as new releases from Showtime Video.  CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the CBS DVD label.   

DEXTER: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON
Street Date:         May 5, 2009
Pricing:           $57.99 US/ $65.99 CAN
Catalog #:        142784
Runtime:                     10 Hrs., 36 Min.
U.S. Rating:               Not Rated
Canadian Rating:         14A (Gory Scenes/ Brutal Violence)

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2009, 02:46:14 PM »

A superb season of TV.  Stopped watching Season 3 after two episodes though.  I knew right away it couldn't top the first two.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2009, 12:03:51 AM »

Yeah, season 3 was the red-headed stepchild. I didn't dig Miguel Prado, or really any of the arcs of the season. Hopefully season 4 will be more in line with the fantastic first two seasons.

But even with lousy plots and an annoying supporting character....season three was still decent television.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »

I don't get Showtime (too many DVD/BD's to watch and review) so I've only seen Dexter Season 1&2.
Wow! I'm disappointed to hear so many folks did not like the third season.
It's hard to imagine. The second season ending was very powerful.
I've watched a million horror films and seldom get any chills, but that was creepy.
I guess I'll see for myself when it hits DVD or Blu-ray, what I think of 3.
Try to keep this thread spoiler free, just in case.
If you guys do want to talk about specifics of Season 3 make a new topic marked Spoiler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: