Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best TV Shows Out Today...  (Read 11180 times)
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2009, 07:13:28 PM »

Monday:
How I Met Your Mother: Consistently funny sitcom. Probably the last canned laugh sitcom that I actually watch.

24: Pretty shitty since season 4, IMO. Mainly still watch it because a friend is into it and he doesn't have cable. Otherwise I would wait until the season is over and watch it all in one chunk, probably. Better that way.

Heroes: Sucked since season 2. I am not the only one, apparently the ratings are in the toilet and it's in danger of being canceled. Kring has failed. Great first season, but they can't seem to move on and bring on new twists. Recycling twists, refusing to kill off even small characters...it's a cluster-fuck. Yet I still watch for some reason...probably because I see things through to the end unless it gets really bad.

Tuesday:

Scrubs: Yeah, this season is awesome so far. Sad to see it go.

Wed:

Life: Pretty good cop show with a good sense of humor and a good cast.

Lost: Season 3 and 4 were kind of treading water, but thus far season 5 has been great. Back at the top of it's game. Hopefully it stays there.

Thu:

30 Rock: Actually kind of meh these days. I loved seasons 1 and 2, but the magic seems to be kind of gone. Still decent, but not as enjoyable as it once was for me. Sadly. My friends still love it, though...so maybe it's just me.

The Office: Still pretty funny shit. Not as good as the first few seasons, but still great.

ER: Scott Grimes needs his own spin-off. One of the few shows I have constantly liked throughout it's entire run.

Fri:

BSG: The writers not having a plan is hurting the show, but it's still quite, quite good. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it.

Dollhouse: Episodes are hit and miss. The pilot was a miss, 102 was a hit, 103 was an epic miss, and 104 was a pretty good hit. So far the worst Whedon show, but still has potential if they can find their groove. Which they won't, because it's as doomed as doomed can be.

Sarah Connor Chronicles: As I said in it's thread...treading water, and not as good. It'll still be missed when it gets shitcanned, though...because they still have good episodes in them, even if the ratio of good to meh is 1:6 or whatever.

Sat:

SNL: Usually takes me about half an hour to watch an episode. Fast-forwarding over the skits I can immediately tell are going to suck, commercials, and bullshit music performances that have nothing to do with the comic feel of the rest of the damned show. Watching it that way makes it enjoyable, though.

Sun:

Family Guy: Still awesome.

The Unit: Really cool action show with that great Mamet flair.

Breaking Bad: Season one was awesome. Probably the best new show of 2008. Can't wait for season 2 to kick off tomorrow.

Other Stuff (usually non-weekly...like a bunch of episodes at once):

Burn Notice: Why can't they focus on the A-plot for ONE FUCKING EPISODE? An OK show that would be a lot better if they made it darker, more focused...and killed off his fucking mother. Hate that bitch.

Dexter: Yeah, awesome. Season 3 was a bit meh, but still a great show.

Bah, a lot of other shit that I don't feel like listing anymore.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Justin Cleveland
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »

My wife just called JC her "TV soul mate".  I'm crushed.
We all know how awesome I am. Now Rose knows too.
razet93

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2010, 03:55:14 AM »

Right Now my most favorite tv show is Fringe It is awesome. Walter Bishop is my favorite character and he is very important part of the show. I just obsessed about the show because every week it has new adventure story. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2010, 11:00:43 AM by Gino » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: