Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKY starring <Your name here>  (Read 4595 times)
AricMitchell

View Profile
« on: Dec 22, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »

Okay, so I'm watching ROCKY and ROCKY II for, like, the 500th time each last night, and sure enough I'm trying to find things to make fun of so I don't burst in to tears (trick I learned to get through the emotionally volatile moments in any movie), when I realize that part of the reason those movies always get to me is that I see a bit of myself and my life in all of them. I mean, here I am, coming up on my 30th birthday, going home to a crummy apartment every night of my life, and mostly staring at the walls. Nearly Stallone's age in the original, I haven't accomplished half of what I wanted to, and I'm really hoping that, like that movie, the year ahead yields that one big shot my favorite character received in his 1976 Best Picture winner.

With that said, I don't necessarily want to talk any more about ROCKY, but about you guys, and any similarities you might share with a favorite (or least favorite) film. What movie sort of eerily emulates your own passage through this thing we call life? Feel free to share as many (or as few) details as you want. Have fun, and try not to shoot yourself in the head. Now, where did I put that .22...?
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »

Hmmm.. not sure if this is what you're getting at, but The Wrestler seems to have a lot of that Rocky feel to it, and for that reason, it's the movie I want to see the most right now.

As for myself in Rocky, I just finished second in my FF league, missing out on a trophy and $1,000. I still get $440, and the love of my wife who is also named Adrian. Just kidding. That's not her name.

Who's house? Run's house.
AricMitchell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2008, 02:19:13 PM »

Well that's sort of what I mean, but it doesn't have to be ROCKY. Think of it as what movie do you most relate to.
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »

I'm not quite the age, but I totally feel some of the ideas in Clerks 2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: