Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post here when you get a game  (Read 91640 times)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: Jul 31, 2009, 07:34:35 AM »

Walked into Gamestop yesterday and purchased Eternal Poison for the PS2, kinda out of the blue for me to do.  I had a 20% off coupon which brought it to $25 with tax.  It's one of those Atlus rpgs but it just look intriguing I guess. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:26:16 AM »

Back from holidays with a small stash of games!

God Of War 1&2 ($7 each, NEW!)
Fallout 3 "Lunchbox SE" ($30, NEW!)
Dead Space for $20.

Some solid deals.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009, 11:28:58 AM by teedub » Logged

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:39:38 PM »

Dead Space is a really good one, and a great deal there.  I think you'll enjoy.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: Aug 12, 2009, 11:28:37 AM »

It was used, and I tend to shy away from used games, but the price was right.  It's consuming a lot of my time at the moment, though I've been busy all this week.  By the weekend I'll be back into it full force, especially if it's raining.

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Aug 18, 2009, 12:32:13 AM »

Picked up Prototype for the 360 today. So far I'm really liking it, except for the constant cutscenes but from what I've read they go away after the first few "training" missions.

Graphics are nice and the scope of the city is vast. Running up buildings and overall movement is excellent and puts any superhero game to shame.

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: Aug 18, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »

Recently I picked up Popcap Vol 2 with Peggle, Feeding Frenzy 2 & Heavy Weapon.  Peggle has been a fun thing to play for 10-20 minutes at a time and I've been chipping away at it. Haven't touched the other two, though I'm pretty sure I will give Heavy Weapon a shot.  I also bought Tomb Raider Anniversary on clearance at Target for $13.98.  Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet LOL  Wink

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Aug 18, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »

Picked up Prototype for the 360 today. So far I'm really liking it, except for the constant cutscenes but from what I've read they go away after the first few "training" missions.

Graphics are nice and the scope of the city is vast. Running up buildings and overall movement is excellent and puts any superhero game to shame.

Yea, I really enjoyed the Hulk Ultimate Destruction game from them, so I can't wait to dive into Prototype sometime in the future.
Right now, I got F.E.A.R 2, Ghostbusters, Penny Arcade vol 2., Secret of Monkey Island, and the last two Fallout 3 DLC packs to finish up before I can move on to other things.

Hopefully I can do it before Beatles: Rock Band comes out on 9/9/09 since I got that sucker preordered.  I got a three-day weekend coming up this weekend, so I can smell progress.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:27:28 AM »

Ked:  Heavy Weapon is fine, good "couch co-op" fun.  I only have the demo, and that's been enough for me.  It's a "5-10 minute" experience at best.

Once I clear up Dead Space, I may go back to Wolverine a little bit, and then move on to Fallout 3.  Smiley

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Aug 22, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »

Picked up Wolfenstien for PC this week, meh. 6/10. Dated graphics and a horrible central town/hub utility.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: Aug 22, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »

Uncharted for $20!!!  Deal of the year!

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Aug 23, 2009, 02:21:39 AM »

I see you played Fat Princess tee.  Yay or nay on that one?

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: Aug 24, 2009, 11:34:46 AM »

Fat Princess is both YAY and NAY for me.  I'm not much of an online multiplayer person (apart from Burnout and Tetris), but I thought this sort of strategic gameplay might appeal to me.  I give it a YAY for the awesome art design, controls, and crisp graphics.  The NAY's are for the amount of time you can spend in a game.  I played for 45 mins with ZERO progress made by either team.  For the mostpart, no one wanted to be a defensive class (priest, worker), and it just turned into a warrior/hunter free for all in the center of the map.  I tried to covertly breech the castle and take enemy outposts, but the bloody battles jsut meant endless amounts of respawn coming from their castle.  I've had a few people try to direct traffic here and there, but to no avail.  I don't have the know-how to take charge in the game, and I don't have the patience to deal with the children that seem to populate most online games.

Bottom line:  If you're looking for a 32 player online strategy/battle game (that's got some deep gameplay), this one could be it.  Unfortunately, it's just not my thing.  Sad

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Aug 25, 2009, 02:54:02 AM »

Yea, thats what I feared.  I was really interested in this game throughout its development, but once I started hearing about the network and stalemate issues, I lost interest real quick, which is a shame.  I guess I'll just pass on this one since there are other game worthy of my time.

By the way, Shadow Complex is incredibly damn awesome.  If you have any fond memories at all of Super Metroid and SOTN (and own a 360 of course), you have to play this game.

teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: Aug 25, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »

So I booted up Fat Princess last night for a bit to either confirm or deny my initial review's accuracy.  I thought I'd host my own game this time, and to my surprise I was only able to have an 18 player match due to my "connection".  I have premium high speed, and my PS3 is wired.  I can't imagine what's required to host a 32 player match.

Anyway, the first match was stellar.  I become quite fond of the worker class, and my teammates were appreciative of that.  As the enemy castle was breeched, I switched to a Ranger and help the rest of the crew storm it.  Solid time, and the match took about 20 mins.

The second match was on a different map, and dragged on for FAR too long.  I left the game after 45 mins and no progress made by either squad.

I guess I stand by my original assessment.  Can be fun, can be frustrating.

By the way, Shadow Complex is incredibly damn awesome.  If you have any fond memories at all of Super Metroid and SOTN (and own a 360 of course), you have to play this game.
Shadow Complex is one of the few games that has me pining for a 360.  It's right in my wheelhouse.

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Aug 28, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »

Picked up Batman while I was out of town, havent played it at all... itching to though!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: