Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Announcement!  (Read 15166 times)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:19:05 PM »

Okay, okay Iron Man too and maybe Nightmare before Christmas for the significant other.   Grin

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Sin

Don't hate the game, hate the player.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »

So... does this mean we will have less stuff from the Here! Network to watch? Cause that would be awesome.  Wink

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:51:02 PM »

So... does this mean we will have less stuff from the Here! Network to watch? Cause that would be awesome.  Wink

Here Network?
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:51:48 PM »

Okay, okay Iron Man too and maybe Nightmare before Christmas for the significant other.   Grin

Now you're cooking with gas.  Grin
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »

Here Network?

Here! Network, the openly gay network.   The HBO/Showtime-esque gay network.  Meaning shows like Dante's Cove & The Lair with full-frontal *caugh* nudity.  My virgin eyes have been stained  Wink

And if you couldn't figure it out, Sin is my significant other.   Wink, ain't she precious?

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Sin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 25, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »

Yes the *does her gay voice the best she can* Here I am!!!! Network. They could have at least had the decency to throw a full frontal of a well rounded woman in there, but *sigh* we get a bunch of men, gay men at that. I won't be like Kedrix and try to claim to have virgin eyes, but geez, the horrible nightmares! I still see a psychologist about that...

Ps. Kedrix, please don't call me precious, kinda reminds me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.  Wink

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2008, 02:23:44 PM »

Ps. Kedrix, please don't call me precious, kinda reminds me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.  Wink

Haha, which you still swear is just twelve hours of walking around.   Grin

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 25, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »

I see, I think. Undecided
We'll still see a lot of the same stuff.
Why, is somebody volunteering for that material  Grin
jfrost
Shriners

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: Nov 25, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »

Hey Crew - to help Gino with the future direction of the forum, can you think back to the good old Shrine days to any threads that should be revisited to spark some new interest and forum growth?
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 25, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »

Yes the *does her gay voice the best she can* Here I am!!!! Network. They could have at least had the decency to throw a full frontal of a well rounded woman in there, but *sigh* we get a bunch of men, gay men at that. I won't be like Kedrix and try to claim to have virgin eyes, but geez, the horrible nightmares! I still see a psychologist about that...

Oh god, I didn't even make that connection with the name being the Here! network......that is really gay.

Hey Crew - to help Gino with the future direction of the forum, can you think back to the good old Shrine days to any threads that should be revisited to spark some new interest and forum growth?

Well, I always did enjoy a good conversation regarding the sexual exploits of Mirage's mother.

In all seriousness, this question reminded me that I have a terrible memory.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

Yeah, and Freak was brick-laying at somebody's house...always.  I'm kinda drawing a blank too.  I think that rather trying to channel the Shrine days, we should work on building a new base and expand out a bit.  I want to live back in the Shrine too, but maybe that's part of the issue.  I would love for this to be a growing board again. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »

Yeah, and Freak was brick-laying at somebody's house...always.  I'm kinda drawing a blank too.  I think that rather trying to channel the Shrine days, we should work on building a new base and expand out a bit.  I want to live back in the Shrine too, but maybe that's part of the issue.  I would love for this to be a growing board again. 
I could not have said it better.
I am very pleased by the warmth and generosity you guys have extended me.
If we work together we can do great things.
I want to make this the biggest, but most important, the best home theater forum on Planet Earth...and perhaps beyond.
No idea is too crazy, so don't be shy.
To The Future...............
Sin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »

Oh god, I didn't even make that connection with the name being the Here! network......that is really gay.

Really gay was the caption on one of the two... "Welcome to the fang bang". I so wish I was kidding.

Anyone got a DeLorean to get us into the future? Cheesy

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: Nov 25, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »

I got a crazy idea.

We should have some kind of pool thingy where you can rate the Movie/Video/Audio/Extras of a DVD or BD out of 5, and then it'll give you an average. Kind of like a poll.

And the sooner we get the ability to screencap BDs, the better.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »

I got a crazy idea.

We should have some kind of pool thingy where you can rate the Movie/Video/Audio/Extras of a DVD or BD out of 5, and then it'll give you an average. Kind of like a poll.

And the sooner we get the ability to screencap BDs, the better.

Nothing crazy about the idea.
I actually think we used to do that.
I recall checking to see how the readers ranks compared with my own.
I'll look into that option again. Likely just have an overall number.
If we can't do it on the review page itself, I'll bet we can add them as polls in the new review feedback threads.
In fact, there's nothing stopping anyone from simply posting their own opinions and numbers to those threads.

As for screen captures. It would require the reviewer to have a BD drive.
By next year when we are free to do all the BD's we want I'm sure that will be a reality.

Good feedback.
Keep it coming and as always.
To The Future...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: