Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First-Viewing Thread  (Read 225220 times)
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: Jul 20, 2009, 10:05:32 AM »

Public Enemies: It's no Heat, for sure. But still, a decent crime thriller. I couldn't see a Gods-damned thing most of the time, though. Michael Mann needs to shoot on film or at least good digital cameras. The camera he shot this on sells for about $6,000, and it looks like it. He didn't light scenes very well, either. The movie looked like ass. It'll probably look better on home video, but on a massive screen...I had a hard time seeing what was even going on.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: Jul 22, 2009, 10:59:41 PM »

Public Enemies:  Michael Mann needs to shoot on film or at least good digital cameras.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: Jul 22, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »

Whoa! You agree with me on something?!

*Checks window to see if fireballs are flying from the sky*

Tongue

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: Jul 23, 2009, 08:27:21 AM »

Eagle Eye - I didn't expect much from this movie, which is probably why I was OK with it. The beginning and middle were pretty good with some decent action sequences, but the end fell apart once the super-computer was introduced. Seriously, outside of Alien and 2001, has there ever been a good movie with a computerized voice in it? **1/2 (out of ****)

Who's house? Run's house.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: Aug 31, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

District 9 - way overhyped by critics, but I still liked it, especially the last 40 mins when the action go going. People exploding is always awesome. *** (out of ****)

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: Aug 31, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »

Call me a critic, I loved District 9. Saw it twice in theaters. Gave it a 9/10, A-. Best movie of the summer, by far. Even better than Star Trek.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: Aug 31, 2009, 10:18:54 PM »

Call me a critic, I loved District 9. Saw it twice in theaters. Gave it a 9/10, A-. Best movie of the summer, by far. Even better than Star Trek.

I liked it more than Star Trek as well. It just had more heart and grit. And no lens flares!!  Wink

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: Sep 03, 2009, 01:33:28 AM »

It was so refreshing to sit through a movie and have no idea where it was going the whole time.  I really enjoyed it and definitely see District 9 in my Blu collection in the future.

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: Sep 08, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

Pride and Glory - pretty tame corrupt cop stuff. I thought Norton and Farrell would have more fireworks but...nothing. ** (out of ****)

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: Sep 08, 2009, 03:30:30 PM »

The Girlfriend Experience: Indie Soderbergh comes out again with another thoroughly interesting character film. I only got bored once, during the Vegas scene that didn't have any dialogue. The rest of the movie was pretty entertaining, peaking into these people's lives. Recommended to Soderbergh fans, and open-minded film buffs. Only not to people who want something that is heavy on plot and action...

I Like Killing Flies: Funny and engrossing low-budget documentary of Kenny Shopsin, a very unique owner of a greasy spoon hole-in-wall in NYC, that just happens to boast some of the damned finest food in the city. I happened to surf past it, and ended up watching the whole thing, and then DVRing the later showing to see the first five minutes. Recommended. 7/10.

Brüno: F***ing hilarious! Some of the antics seem a bit staged, but whatever...I was laughing my ass off throughout. 8/10.

Inglorious Basterds: I didn't like it as much as most of you did. It was good, and at times even brilliant...but it suffered from some major pacing issues. Those issues really hold it back, but even with it's flaws, it's still good. I think I am going to give it a 7/10 for now. Oh, and that one little voice cameo...was a nice treat. Wasn't expecting it. Also, I wish my name was Omar Doom!

Saw it at my classically-shitty local cineplex. I was the only person in the theater (literally), half of the screen was cropped off (1.85:1 screen, and still cropping on the top and bottom), degraded print, etc. Had I had somebody to laugh with about it, it would be funny. But since I was by myself, it was just sad.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: Oct 26, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »

Pride and Glory - pretty tame corrupt cop stuff. I thought Norton and Farrell would have more fireworks but...nothing. ** (out of ****)

Couldn't agree more.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: