Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Munch.  (Read 4137 times)
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:53:55 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0004858/

So a few weeks ago, I was watching the X-Files, and Richard Belzer shows up and I am like "Hey, it's the guy from Homicide!". Then he says his name is 'Munch' and although I never watched the show, I did recall that memorable character name. So this is a Homicide/X-Files crossover of sorts. Kind of odd since Homicide takes place in 'the real world' and X-Files is a scifi show, so having him show up in X-Files would seem to place Homicide in the same universe as The X-Files. I mean that is like having Colonel Jack O'Neill show up on ER or Captain Kirk drop in on an episode of Law and Order.

But it doesn't stop there. Last night I am watching The Wire and Belzer makes a cameo in a bar scene. I was wondering if he was playing that same role again. So tonight when I am reminded of it by watching Homicide (not watching, it's on in the background while I surf the net), so I look it up. Yup, Belzer is credited as playing Detective Munch in that episode of The Wire. Also, looks like he crossed over from series regular of Homicide to series regular of Law and Order. He also seems to have appeared as that same character in other Law and Order shows, a short-lived cop show called 'The Beat' and oddly enough an episode of Arrested Development. Odd indeed. He's becoming a living TV cliche, like a flesh and blood Wilhelm scream or something. 

I just figured I would share the phenomena.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Justin Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »

http://poobala.com/crossoverlist.html

It's a shame this phenomenon is so limited. I like the idea of shared universes.
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »

Actually he has the record for playing the same character in the most shows.
At one time one of the Homicide guys claimed it was his intention to use Munch to somehow bridge the entire television universe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: