Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate the trailers as you see them  (Read 97859 times)
darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2007, 07:09:03 PM »

Fincher is  one of the directors whose work I will follow but if it looks like a turd I won't rush out to see it.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2007, 04:32:30 AM »

Black Snake Moan: A Samuel L. Jackson movie with 'snake' in the title that might actually be pretty good! Looks funny, original, and cool. Looking forward to it. B+ http://www.myspace.com/blacksnakemoanmovie

Hot Fuzz: Looks pretty funny, and Spaced and Shaun of the Dead were both good, funny projects, so I am pretty sure it will be good. B+

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2007, 08:07:51 PM »

Hallem Foe: Looks pretty cool and has a good cast. Rental probably.

Disturbia: Looks kind of interesting, but also kind of lame. I dunno, maybe a rental.

The Lookout: Looks like it borrows a lot from Memento, but it looks good and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is pretty good.

The Messengers: I really like the "kids are receptive" premise, and the cast is OK, but mainly I am bored with these kinds of horror movies, so I doubt I will see it. Worth watching the trailer, though. These days, trailers for horror flicks are more scary than the actual movie turns out being.

Blades of Glory: I didn't crack as much as a smile watching the trailer, and the directors/writers haven't done anything with any comedic merit, IMO so I am not down with this one, regardless of the two main stars. Will probably end up renting it to see how it turns out, but I am in no rush as of now.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2007, 05:33:42 PM »

Hott Fuzz This has now become the must see movie of the year for me. It is up there with 300. If you saw Shaun of the Dead and enjoyed it then this movie is for you. The same cast a similar sense of humor and it should lead to some fantastic belly laughs. This trailer had me in stitches and I can't wait for the release.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/hotfuzz.html

A
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »

Hannibal Rising: I still don't think explaining Hannibal's mental illness is a good idea, and really weakens the character. Also, the kid they got to play Hannibal doesn't seem to be doing a very good Hopkins impression. But I will see it regardless.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »

Zwartboek: Looks pretty cool. Not sure when I will get to see it, but it is on my list. Verhoeven is usually pretty good, IMO.

Days of Glory: Doesn't look like anything special, and it's French. So I might not even see it, but you never know. Might pick up the DVD for the hell of it.

Dead Silence: I am in no rush to see it, but might check it out with my horror fan friends at some point.

Nomad: Where is Mark Dacascos? I see Jason Scott Lee and some out-of-place white boy, but not Dacascos. I thought this starred Dacascos, this pisses me off. Whatever. Men's asses. Maybe I will see it someday if I am in the mood for it.

Sunshine: Looks like it will be a good one. I'd like to see it in theaters, but I don't go to theaters anymore because I don't even leave the house. So I will see it at some point

The Situation: Looks like an interesting rental. I will probably check it out when it hits DVD.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »

Sunshine - looks excellent. Excellent cast, excellent imagery, and an intriguing director. Looks like an arthouse version of The Core. And I liked The Core. A-

Who's house? Run's house.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »

Captivity: Looks pretty cool.

Rescue Dawn: I will see it for sure, should be pretty good. Steve Zahn in a dramatic role, though? I dunno, I guess we'll see. Bale and Davies are definitely good, though.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters: I think I am over ATHF. Watched a few of the season 4 episodes and I might just be sick of the brand of humor. I get like that sometimes. But the trailer is cool. I will probably see the movie at some point.

Full of It: I really can't see myself watching this movie. Looks like a typical pre-teen piece of ass.

September Dawn: Looks interesting, and the cast is good, but the sensationalist way the trailer is cut gives me pause.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:20:35 PM »

300 I downloaded the 1080P version of trailer 2 last night and having followed the production diaries and kept up with info on the movie as it has been filmed I have been extremely pumped about it. The film is now looking so polished that I can't wait for it to come out. It was an A+ for me before and it still is. Bring on the opening weekend.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2007, 10:12:35 AM »

1408 with John Cusack, this is the first horror movie that I actually want to go watch in theatres, in a long long time. I'm not a big fan of horror, expecially the Saw and texas chain saw massacre type movies. Most of them look pretty much the same, teenage-slasher crap. This looks different and I'm interested. I'll wait for the ratings to be sure though. B+

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2007, 01:25:46 AM »

I saw that trailer, too. But I thought it looked pretty stupid and cheesy. I guess what else do you expect from Steven King? Might see it for the cast, though.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2007, 07:20:27 PM »

1408 looks solid. Reminds me a lot of Secret Window, or whatever that Johnny Depp/Stephen King movie was called. I never saw it but it was pretty popular. B-

Who's house? Run's house.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2007, 04:37:30 AM »

Secret Window, IMO, sucked.

Watched the trailer for 300 in 720p on my HDTV (via X-Box 360). Still don't think it look that great. My friend disagrees and really wants to see it, so I will go with him if he ends up going, though.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »

I liked Secret Window...of course then again put Johnny Depp in a Stephen King book, and I would probably like it no matter what.  It was no masterpiece but it was fun. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:47:53 PM »

Knocked Up: It's by Judd Apatow and the cast is good, so I will be seeing it for sure. The trailer makes it look kind of funny, but you know how comedy trailers are these days. Not even The 40 Year Old Virgin trailers were that funny. So really looking forward to this one. Just watched the redband trailer and it's funnier. http://www.knockedupmovie.com/18plus/

Penelope: Doesn't look anything like I thought it would. Kid's stuff. No, thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2007, 05:10:58 PM by beckmen » Logged

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: