Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate the trailers as you see them  (Read 87663 times)
jfrost
Shriners

View Profile WWW
« on: Dec 29, 2006, 12:46:43 PM »

As the title states, this thread is for rating trailers as you see them.

A - Excellent, can't wait to see this movie.
B - Looks good, I will be there opening weekend
C - Might see it in theaters, might not
D - Will wait until DVD comes out
E - Looks like total crap. Won't be caught dead in theater or renting DVD.
Tommy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2006, 04:37:06 PM »

This was already on the old forum, but the 300 trailer blew me away. A definite "A", and high on my must-watch list.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2006, 01:05:58 AM »

The A trailers of  2007 that have me drooling (in no particular order) are...

Fantastic 4 : Ride of The Silver Surfer - I actually hated the first movie and never got to watch all of it. I might make some time for it, now that The Silver Surfer is coming to the sequel. The teaser is fantastic, and I just cant wait to see the movie.

Grindhouse - QT & Robert Rodriguez make 2 movies in one?... Hell Yeah! These guys continue to revolutionize the movie industry!

300 - From the first full trailer that I watched, that was it for me. I don't need to see another one... no really. Yes, that means I'm there opening day.

Spiderman 3 - they didn't even need to make a trailer to ensure my attendance... but yeah, Spiderman in black, Venom, Sandman... need I say more? Actually the second trailer wasn't exciting as the teaser, but it's still an A from me.

Oh, and Smokin Aces.

Something to look forward to... makes life worth living. Happy New Year everyone! Smiley

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
BelmontATO

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »

I second Zenje's comments on Grindhouse. I absolutely can not wait for that thing to hit the theaters.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »

Wow, there's been a few since I've posted on the old forum. Of the ones I can remember...

Shooter - looks like the Fugitive, The Sentinel, Most Wanted, etc... but it looks like it could be fun. B+

Transformers - action looks solid, however, I'm not sure it feels like Transformers. B-

I Think I Love My Wife - may be better than the trailer looks, but Rock should definitely stick to stand-up. C+

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - the first one had just enough cheese for it not to be a bad film. This however, might not have the same fate. C-

The Kingdom - looks like a solid action film. B+

Grindhouse - looks a little too crazy, but I know that it will be an awesome ride based on the filmmakers. B+

Lucky You - I like the gambling aspect, the drama looks a little tedious. C+

Ocean's 13 - Pacino definitely has me interested, but otherwise, I'm not much into this overhyped franchise. B-

Who's house? Run's house.
darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »

Grindhouse: Looks like one of those films which is just going to be so much fun due to the way it is all hamed up and put together as a homage and a mockery of old style horror films. I think I read somewhere it would have a run time in excess of 3 hours so definately a bit of butt numbing fun. B

Transformers Well they may just pull it off with the original voice of Prime back to voice him again and some incredible looking special effects they may just make this a fun movie to watch. However with Bay at the helm I am still very cautious about seeing it. B-

300 What is probably one of the standout movies coming this year for me the trailer reminds a lot of Sin City with its brilliant stylization and homage to its source material. I cannot wait for this movie to come out. A

Fantastic Four Looks interesting with the Silver Surfer appearing to be very well done but still very difficult to make up my mind on. C
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2007, 09:52:58 PM »

Transformers: A. I like Bay, and although I don't think he's going to deliver a faithful adapatation of the show, I do think it'll be a great action/scifi flick.

Grindhouse: A. It's not as authentic as it should be, but QT has yet to steer me wrong, and RR is usually good plus the cast looks good. I am sure it will rule.

Spider-man 3: A- I hope this redeems the sappy, boring, badly-written, LifeTime Original Movie-esque melodramatic chunks of Spidey2 and is a darker, denser flick.

Live Free or Die Hard: A-. Doesn't looks like a DH movie, but looks like a good action movie. Les Wiseman seems to be a capable action director as well, so it should be pretty fun.

Fantastic Four: B-. Liked the first one, the sequel looks like it will be good fun, but nothing about has me very hyped.

300: D. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I am bored of historical epics, even if they are digital backlot. Actually, I am kind of bored with digital backlot, as well.

The Kingdom: D. Looks like a nice Drama/Action.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »

Transformers: A. I like Bay, and although I don't think he's going to deliver a faithful adapatation of the show, I do think it'll be a great action/scifi flick.
/waits for Kedrix to hop up on the ol' TF soapbox.

Wink

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2007, 11:01:38 PM »

Quote from: beckmen
300: D. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I am bored of historical epics, even if they are digital backlot. Actually, I am kind of bored with digital backlot, as well.
I predict you eat your words, or foot, opening weekend. Wink

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2007, 11:42:33 PM »

I very well may do just that, but we'll see.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

The Number 23: B-, looks original and creepy. Schumacer is a good director, regardless of what anybody says.

Tears of the Black Tiger: B-, the way it's shot and the music really has me interested. I think it's going to be a good one. Might snag it before the US version comes out, since it's out on DVD outside the US...

Shooter: D, I saw it the first time when it was called Most Wanted. Granted, this will probably be better...

King of California: C+, Looks like a nice quirky character drama.

Seraphim Falls: D-, There's something about it that just doesn't impress me.

Hannibal Rising: C+, I am interested to see it. But I still think it's a bad idea to show Hannibal as a kid and all that.

Ocean's 13: C, Looks OK. I haven't loved either of them so far, but didn't dislike them, either.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:15:34 PM »

I noticed there hasn't been much discussion about the Zodiac trailer which is the next David Fincher movie coming out. I had a look at it when it first launched and it looks like he has been able to maintain the same energy he has brought to his previous dark gritty style of filming. However I wonder if the film will anywhere near as good as Se7en as I am sure it will be compared to it.

Probably going to see it on or close to the opening weekend. B
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:02:51 AM »

The trailer for Zodiac looks good, but uneven. Looks like there's some comedy or something in there. I'll be there to see it opening weekend, but my hopes are not that high. B-

Who's house? Run's house.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2007, 10:05:24 AM »

Mirage, you don't seem enthusiatic about the trailer, yet you'll be there opening weekend. Is David Fincher the director that would get you to the theatres, no matter what?

I guess I went to watch Apocalypto in theatres, only because Mel Gibson directed it.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2007, 05:45:31 PM »

Zodiac is another one that I will see, but the trailers isn't making me cream my pants or anything.

But watching trailers in 480/720p rocks.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: