Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing currently?  (Read 75949 times)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« on: Jan 02, 2007, 01:24:48 PM »

This doesn't always has to be the game you just got...it could be an old game that you picked up again or in my case a game that has just sit on the shelf for a while that you bought a couple of months ago. 

-I finally cracked open my copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters for the old xbox (compatible on 360).  Easy to see why this won game of the year (2004 I think) by some polls.  Lots of cool stuff you can do, and its pretty open ended with some things.  I mean you can spend your time trading goods or fratenizing with the women or helping townspeople before even dwelving into the quests.  Just has a lot of the little things that I always pratt on about.  Smiley.  Hey question since I don't have a way to test it...does the 360 upconvert older compatible xbox games?  I mean do they look better?  I am just curious cause Fable looked fantastic and I just can't imagine it looking that good on the old xbox.  Could be me though. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
jfrost
Shriners

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »

Only 3 games are being spun in my 360 - Fight Night Round 3, Top Spin 2, and Tiger Woods 2006.  I have a few others, but they never see the light of day.
the47ronin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2007, 02:05:58 PM »

- Twilight Princess (Wii)
- Trauma Center (Wii)
- Rainbow Six Vegas (360)
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »

I got Guitar Hero II for Xmas, and have had a difficult tiime putting it down.  Easily the most addictive game I've played in a long time.  Finished it on Medium by Xmas night.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2007, 02:29:14 AM »

Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the DS.  Enjoying the heck out of both of them, even though it's gonna take me a long time to finish them.....especially Zelda.  I hope to have it done by the time the next one comes out.

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:43:46 PM »

Playing the PS2 version of Scarface and it's a fun game but it just has too much "been there, done that" aspect to it, even with the Scarface references. It's a really well-made game though, but I just don't know if I will have much time, or desire to play it. I'm just over video games.

That said, the friends and I played plenty of Street Fighter over New Year's, and it was as awesome as I remembered.

Who's house? Run's house.
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2007, 07:11:25 PM »

Not to go too OT, but I found the controls for Scarface to be a little too much for my ever-aging gamer's brain and fingers.  I really liked the auto-aim of the GTA series, why make it more complex than need be?

That being said, the story and acting are excellent for that game.  Very enjoyable....but it's no Guitar Hero.  Wink

Tommy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »

I spent some quality time with Donkey Konga 2, a holiday favourite that gets the non-gamers in my family to join in the fun.
teedub
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Pop it to lock it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2007, 12:10:21 PM »

When I finally snag a Wii, I think the Donkey Konga franchise will be tops on my GC games list.

BelmontATO

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2007, 01:23:05 PM »

Speaking of Scarface, I have been playing quite a bit of The Godfather on the 360 lately. I love that game. Finally, a thinking man's GTA.
Tommy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »

When I finally snag a Wii, I think the Donkey Konga franchise will be tops on my GC games list.
Any word of a Wii Donkey Konga game yet? I plan to get a Wii after the first price drop, and it would be nice to use my GC drums on some new songs.

I also recommend the Donkey Kong Jungle Beat game, which is a platformer that uses the bongos controller. It's an original concept, and quite fun.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »

Speaking of Scarface, I have been playing quite a bit of The Godfather on the 360 lately. I love that game. Finally, a thinking man's GTA.

The Godfather game was pretty good on PS2... some of the graphics were pretty lame, but over all a solid game that managed to feel somewhat like the films. I've got to start playing that game again... never enough time!!!

Who's house? Run's house.
darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »

Just started on Zelda for the Wii but I must say it is pretty hard to get Wii Sports out of the console it is just so addictive.
Justin Cleveland
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2007, 02:33:27 PM »

I've been playing some of the classics on my new laptop.  I buzzed through Half-Life 2, and then jumped into Episode One.  I also wasted a couple weeks playing World of Warcraft, but found it wasn't for me.  I prefer the narrative games.
Joe

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2007, 09:39:27 AM »

I'm still just trying to get time to play Gears of War!

"Strange things are a foot at the Circle K"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: