Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Terminator Trilogy planned.  (Read 45664 times)
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:54:39 AM »

I'm excited:

From Dark Horizons:

After much talk and posturing over the future of "The Terminator" franchise in recent years, something surprising has happened - producers Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna have given up their baby.

The Halcyon Co. has acquired the franchise rights to the popular "The Terminator" movie series and intend to make a new trilogy that would anchor their movie company.

"Terminator 4" will be based on a script by John Brancato and Michael Ferris ("Terminator 3"), and Halcyon plans to immediately begin preproduction on the film with the hope of a Summer 2009 release.

Neither creator James Cameron or original star Arnold Schwarzenegger will be involved in the project, which picks up with John Connor in his 30s leading what's left of the human race against the machines.

The deal includes the right to produce any future "Terminator" projects in any format (film, TV, etc.). It also includes all future merchandising and licensing rights, and certain rights to the upcoming TV series "The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

I don't necessarily think that Arnold or Cameron need to be involved, although it would be cool to have Arnold image as his terminators used here and there. Hopefully they can do that without him being involved in the movie.

Also curious to see how the new tv series will do too.

Who's house? Run's house.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »

Terminator without Ahnuld?... curious indeed.

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:16:11 AM »

I think that they can make T4 without Arnie and it will still rule. The War Against the Machines has so much potential, I am really looking forward to it.

I also hope they get Stahl back, and for continuity's sake, Danes as well. Though acting-wise I can take her or leave her.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 02:36:05 PM »

I think both of them should definitely be back for sure.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 03:51:22 PM »

I'll see them if they come out, but I am not all that excited about it.

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »

This is exciting news (from Dark Horizons):

Ain't It Cool News reports that Batman himself Christian Bale is to become a part of the Terminator franchise next year.

The site indicates that Bale has been cast as John Connor in the upcoming fourth feature film "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" for Warner Bros. Pictures.

McG is helming the project which begins shooting early 2008 and hopes to kick off a new trilogy of future-set films covering the war between humanity and the robots of Skynet.

The project is on target for a Summer 2009 release.

I liked Nick Stahl as Conner in T3, but if he is to be older in the new films, it makes sense to go with a different actor and Bale is about as good as you can get IMO. He instantly gives the new trilogy credibility and even resembles the John Conner we see in flash-forwards in the original Terminator film, if I remember correctly.

At any rate, I love me some Terminator. Can't wait for the Sarah Conner Chronicles in January and I can't wait to see this film.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007, 10:23:18 AM by Mirage52 » Logged

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:54:46 AM »

Don't think it's been confirmed who Bale will play. I've read sources that say Connor, The Terminator, and also a new character who will apparently be the new protagonist. That story said that John and the new character will have a Jesus/Ben Hur kind of relationship. I dunno, we'll see. I am a huge fan of Bale, so I hope he is in the movie. Not as a Terminator, though. I actually want to see him play a character...

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2007, 01:58:45 PM »

I think he'd make a good Conner, but I agree... in any role he's an asset to the film.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:06:22 PM »

Yea, have to agree, having Bale gives more credibility to this.  I'll be keeping an ear out about this during production.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:04:21 PM »

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12999

It's bullshit that Connor isn't the main character, and looks like we don't know what happens to him in the 15-year gap between films.

spoiler!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Sounds as though Marcus is some kind of T-800 prototype or something, a Terminator with a human brain. Maybe not, but based on what's been said thus far, it kind of seems like it.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
end spoiler.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »

Here's what DH had to say about the new story developments...

Those boys at CHUD, or more specifically the very frottage-able Devin Faraci, has posted a bunch of new details from "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," the upcoming fourth film and kick-off of a new trilogy of Terminator films.

Most interesting is that John Connor (Christian Bale) is NOT the main character in the fourth film, but rather will have a more sizable role in the fifth movie.

Instead the main character is Marcus, a Riddick-esque guy who was 'put out of commission' before the nuclear holocaust and wakes up on post-apocalyptic earth around 15 years before the future shown in the original "Terminator".

No actor has yet been cast in the role but they will be required for all three films and will be the 'star' of the new trilogy which is apparently getting good buzz from those who've read the script and all call it epic in scope and great in terms of action.

That action includes battles with the rubber-skinned T-600 terminators, the differences between the humans and cyborgs are said to play a big part in the story, whilst the character of Reese (Michael Biehn in the original film) has a scene with Connor.

Sounds interesting. So is Connor in the 4th movie? Small role?

I don't know if I like the idea of Marcus being the main part of a Part IV, but I think it does prove that this trilogy is going to be bigger in scope than the original movies, meaning that it's not just about John Connor, but the entire war, which I think is good. Of course, John Conner is going to be the main focus, but there will be more to see. Kind of like how Neo was handled in the Matrix sequels.

We'll see. Good to hear that the script is getting good buzz though. I guess we know why Bale signed on after all.

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2007, 03:29:43 PM »

Another thing that would be cool... since we learn in T3 that Sarah died of cancer, I think a good way to tie the new TV series in with the movies would be to have Sarah get diagnosed with cancer around the second or third season, if it makes it that far. Hell, maybe even have her get diagnosed with it in the first season.

I think that could make for some good TV.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2007, 04:10:43 PM »

T3 and the Sarah Connor Chronicles are incompatible. You'll see when you see the pilot.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »

How so?

And that sucks.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »

SPOILAGE:
At the end of the Pilot, Sarah, John and their T-800 travel forward in time to 2007. It's really lame...and yes, they are all naked...and yes, it's really creepy when John huddles up to his naked mother for warmth and doesn't seem to mind the nudity.

But they did re-shoot some scenes, so it could be different in the airing version. We'll find out soon enough.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: