Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBOX Live Arcade  (Read 20859 times)
Movie Freak
Shriners
Ultimate Member

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Mar 15, 2009, 11:20:02 AM »

I'm already on to Peggle Nights.  The DS version has two full Peggle games.  Oi, it's SUPER addictive.

The wife and I have finished both Peggle Deluxe and Peggle Nights. I had the Xbox demo screens 100% clear in under 10 minutes... Oh yes folks, the Freak rocks "teh Peggle".  Grin

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you guys!
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: Apr 13, 2009, 10:25:50 AM »

I purchased the full version of Penny Arcade Episode 1 at the discounted rate of 800 points (sale ran thru yesterday/Sunday).  Haven't played it yet, but I wanted to first time around; so the cheaper price helped. 

Also played the demo to puzzle quest galactrix, great game but too expensive (and I really wanted penny arcade).  $20 is simply too much for DLC.

BTW: Changed the topic title to something more generic.  It makes more sense this way.

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Apr 14, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »

I picked up that Penny Arcade as well.  Pretty silly little game so far, have played much though.

I saw I missed Galaga Legions on sale at Amazon fro $5.  Pretty cool they are selling XBLA stuff now.....hope to see more deals like this.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: Apr 14, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »

Yeah, Doom was $3 as well.  I avoided the Galaga Legions game, mainly cause you can get it as part of Namco Museum for $15-$20, but still a good pickup. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: Jun 01, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »

This Wednesday:

SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Activision Publishing (Nasdaq: ATVI) and id Software announced today the legendary first-person action title, the original Wolfenstein 3D(R) will be available for download on June 3 on Xbox LIVE(R) Arcade (My Birfday!  ) for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and June 4 on PLAYSTATION(R)Network for PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)). The famed title that created an entire video game genre, Wolfenstein 3D offers players a chance to experience the intensity of escaping from Castle Wolfenstein all over again. Classic enemies like Hans Grosse and Mecha-Hitler await players in the six episodes that span 60 levels. Wolfenstein 3D is rated M by the ESRB for Animated Blood and Gore and Animated Violence.

Gamers taking the challenge to defeat the twisted Nazi regime also will earn accolades and be awarded gold for customizable weapon upgrades in id Software's all new, Wolfenstein(TM). The newest addition to the famed blockbuster franchise, Wolfenstein is scheduled to be on store shelves on August 4 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC and is rated M by the ESRB for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence and Language.

THE ORIGINAL WOLF3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(after I said something about it in my column last week, come on Blake Stone!)

And the best part…supposedly it will be only 400 points.  (it was reported on Twitter that the PSN version would cost $4.99, so logic would have it Cheesy)

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: Jun 04, 2009, 06:55:52 AM »

Downloaded the demo to Wolf 3d last night and it is a straight port with achievements (and it looks like you get gold for the new Wolfenstein for getting those achievements).  They let you play the first level and then I was also able to play the secret 10th level since i went ahead and used that door instead.  At 400 points, it is worth it (800 would not have been out of the question either).  Just don't go in expecting a goregous HD remake or something. 

If anybody is looking for the Cellfactor game I talked about, it is there, sort of.  If you use your console to log into Xbox Live, I personally couldn't find it.  However, if you use the web and go to xbox.com, you can add it to your download queue which is what I did.  I will try it either tonight or this weekend and let you know what I think. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: Jun 09, 2009, 06:10:55 AM »

I ended up purchasing both Cellfactor and Wolf 3d.  Wolf was easy for me and Cell after playing the introductory challenges seemed to be a good investment.  It really is UT lite with some cool psychic powers thrown in.  I'll have reviews done probably by Saturday or Sunday if any of you want to wait.  But I will go ahead and recommend each of them and if somebody wants to play Cellfactor, I'm game. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: Jun 15, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »

Reviews for Cellfactor and Wolfenstein are up  Grin

Wolf 3d -->http://upcomingdiscs.com/2009/06/15/wolfenstein-3d-xbox-live-arcade/

Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars -->http://upcomingdiscs.com/2009/06/13/cellfactor-psychokinetic-wars-xbox-live-arcade/

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: