Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST  (Read 52187 times)
Justin Cleveland
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 04:24:25 PM »

Woah... Sawyer?... my wife would stop watching the show for sure!
Me too.

As it is, I'm scared for Locke.  But I'm really excited for this all to wrap up.  So many neat new balls in the air!
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 10:51:08 PM »

Incomplete story and killed off = Libby. What the fuck happened there?

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 08:34:28 AM »

I thought Eko was killed off before his story was completed too, but they were always secondary characters so I'll just chalk their premature deaths up to that.

As for Locke, I think he is OK. I think the island will heal him again, he'll kill Ben and take over the others. His story is far from over.

I think Sawyer is a goner, as his story has been completed. Wouldn't be surprised to see Charlie, Kate, Juliette, or Jin die either.

I've heard that 5 characters will die by season's end.

Who's house? Run's house.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

Niiice... I cant wait for the 2 hour finale next week! Cool

Quetion: Did Naomi ever explain why she had that picture of Desmond and Penny in her book? Did I miss that part???

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 07:14:08 AM »

I don't remember, although I thought it was pretty clear that Penny was rich and paid for the rescue mission, which Naomi was a part of.

Another good episode last night, I was really starting to feel bad for Charlie, a character who I never have really liked. I kinda wish they would have sent him to his inevitable death last night, but I think he will still die the way Desmond said, just in a different way than we originally thought.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 05:38:19 PM »

At first, I thought he was going to die. But then they were going in that direction so obviously, that I decided that it probably wouldn't happen. Still could, though like Mirage says. It would be kind of sad, but his story is more or less complete and stuff, and he has had plenty of time in the sun (unlike Libby, Nikki/Paulo and Ecko!).

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 05:49:54 PM »

I liked how they made everyone care for Charlie with one episode... most wouldn't give 2 cents if he died before yesterday, infact I think there was a poll online on who's gonna die and Charlie got the most votes.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 05:21:20 AM »

The finale was a doozy. Kind of predictable (I knew Locke would show up and kill Naomi, and I figured out Jack's story was a flashforward (his phone was a big clue for that), but it was still cool. Maybe questions, though.

1: WAS it a flash-forward? Was it a dream or maybe one of Desmond's flashes? (nothing indicates that) Can the events that we saw be avoided?

2: Will this format be followed up in the next seasons? (I hope not, other than in a few cases...because it takes away too much suspense from the island. We now know that Jack and Kate make it off the island alive, 'no one is safe' no longer applies)

3: Will the show eventually take a direction where Jack returns? Maybe Seasons 4, 5 and 6 will be about his return instead of the continued adventures of the current cast (this would mean a mostly new cast, and I don't really like the idea)

4: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

All-in-all, I found this finale to eclipse the Heroes one. The bulk of Heroes: Season One was better than Season Three of Lost, IMO...but it kind of fell apart in the anticlimactic finale. Lost managed to bring out a damned good finale with a real thought-provoking cliffhanger.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Justin Cleveland
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 05:26:04 AM »

Maybe Jack's story was set in the present-day, and his island experiences were the flashback...
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 07:55:35 AM »

I think people are making too much out of it, as always. I think this won't be the norm, I just think we got a glimpse of life after the island. We still don't know who's funeral it was (probably Locke's) but other than that, I think we'll be back on the island next year and see how things play out, which will be different than we are made to expect in the finale.

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 09:11:24 AM »

Loved it! Grin

I think the finale redeemed the whole season, just perfect. I didn't figure out it was a flash-forward, until the airport scene, so I guess I enjoyed it even more. The only thing I had wanted to happen, but I know couldn't, was Jack shouldve picked up the rock, the walkie talkie was laying on, and smashed Ben's head in... that would have been cool.

And now to Beckmen's iportant questions;

1. (a) I think it WAS a flash forward. (b) Yes, the events can be avoided... I think. Although, I don't know why they would do that.

2. They might follow bits of it, but I think they wouldn't want to delve too much into it, for the reason you mentioned.

3. I doubt it, I think Jack learns to live with it in the end.

4. Err...

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be better if they went with a flash forward scene from now on instead of flashbacks. I've had enough of the flashback crap and I think it would be cool to see how people deal with being rescued and how they deal with life after the island and how it affects their lives.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »

I think each survivor should get a flash-forward, but I don't think they should do it from now on. Here and there, and mostly in the final season. I hate knowing who lives and who dies.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Mar 06, 2009, 10:51:17 AM »

Whats everyone think of the new season so far? I think it's been really good.

Justin Cleveland
« Reply #44 on: Mar 07, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

Damn fantastic is what it is. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: