Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST  (Read 49257 times)
darthmaulclone
Shriners

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:33:15 PM »

Which is the current problem the show has with itself. It needs to start answering questions and dealing with the issues that people who watch the show want answered instead of taking these side tangents and just creating different types of fillers.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2007, 09:40:21 AM »

I just knew they'd go off on a totally different story yesterday, some of those filler episodes I guess, but still I enjoyed it. I liked the way they played it and the ending was the best. It reminded me of some of the stories from Tales from the Crypt.  Cool

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2007, 02:42:09 PM »

SPOILERS, dumbasses!

Pretty cool episode. I wonder if that's the last of Nikki and Paulo. They were fucking weird, I mean they have been in the cast for a while, but as bit players. They get one episode and then they are (seemingly) dead? WTF?

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »

Becks, it's "Let's look death in the face and say, whatever dude."

Anyway, I enjoyed last night's Lost but I can't help but feel that the writers have gone down a meaningless path again!

Season 2 was greatly about the tailies -- and most of them are dead and the other ones that are alive are Bernard and Cindy?

Eko was needlessly killed.

And now Nikki and Paolo are seemingly dead after bring nothing to the show whatsoever. Yeah, seeing them in the flashbacks was kinda cool, but other than that they are another useless time waster on a show that is wasting too much time.

Now I could be totally wrong. N&P could come back and serve a bigger purpose. But based on the mistakes the writers made with season 2, I wouldn't be surprised if they've gone and done it again.

Who's house? Run's house.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_NQe57C-k

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »

So it's official... 3 more seasons to go. I'm actually surprised. I didn't think it would be more than one. In any case, they're planning to do 16 episodes per season without breaks. I guess that works... I'll watch.

Justin Cleveland
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 07:30:37 AM »

It's two season's worth of episodes, 48, spread over three years.  Sixteen per season, no break.  I think this is the best move, honestly.  I'm glad they are ending it, and the writers are starting to wrap things up and move the story forward nicely.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 11:57:53 AM »

Nothing to complain about here. I like the news and I think it will benefit the writers to aim towards an end date.

So the filler episodes should be few and far between from here on out!

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 12:14:57 PM »

I thought I already replied to this, hmmm.

Yeah, I like this move. Hopefully 16 episodes per season means a faster pace, less filler. And since it's only 48 more episodes, the end is finally near and it's not 'the marathon where they keep moving the finish line' anymore. Maybe this will allow the writers to start planning out better, and inject some JMS-style arc writing. The show is still good, but maybe this move will allow it to return to it's 'brilliant' status like in the first season. Maybe not. But hopefully it will be approaching it.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »

IMO, the last 2-3 episodes have been excellent. On par with any of the better episodes from at least season 2...

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »

Do I still need to say SPOILER on this thread?...

Anyways, wednesday's episode was too cool! Thats what I'm talking about, you have one or two episodes to go, it's just heating up to the point where it's about to explode! Now I don't think they can kill off Locke at this point, so I think he'll survive the season. Jack and Kate are just pissing me off nowadays. Someone needs to kick their asses like the way Locke punched the lights out of that one-eyed guy. Grin

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »

Survival of 'Lost' character in doubt

LOS ANGELES - The survival of a major "Lost" character was left in doubt this week in an episode that shot adrenaline into the plot of the ABC series but failed to give it a needed ratings boost.

The Wednesday episode in which Locke (Terry O'Quinn) was shot, perhaps fatally, by Ben (Michael Emerson), the leader of "the Others," drew 12.1 million viewers. That's about the same sized audience the show has been attracting in recent weeks.

Given Locke's importance to the show, the odds seem to be in his favor. But the producers have never been queasy about killing off characters who survived the crash but not the show's complex plot twists.

ABC's recent announcement that the show will conclude in the 2009-10 season also might have fans wondering if Locke's shooting is a shocking early start to the show's ultimate resolution.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »

Well, since he is pretty much my favorite character, I would be pissed. Kill off Kate and Jack instead, dammit. Boring bitches.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »

Yeah, it was an excellent episode. The best one I can remember in a long time.

I think Locke is safe, since his story line is still not complete, but I felt the same way about Eko and he's dead. So you never know with this show.

And I've also heard that 5 characters are going to die by this season's end, so it sounds like Locke could be a goner, based on that.

But I do believe that Charlie is definitely going to die by seasons end (OK with me, he's annoying) and I wouldn't place bets on Sawyer, Jin or Juliette making it past the end of this season either.

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 01:21:07 PM »

Woah... Sawyer?... my wife would stop watching the show for sure!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: