Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST  (Read 45351 times)
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« on: Feb 08, 2007, 04:20:59 PM »

I had forgotten what a cool show this is. After the long break, I actually got confused into thinking that other shows were better, but I learnt my lesson real quick after watching the 'first' episode yesterday.

One of the things I noticed (in the re-cap show) that I hadn't before was that the guy in the hatch with Desmond (Clancy Brown) before, was the same guy in the Army with Saeed! I haven't gone back to season 1 & 2, I think I should. I also liked the way the show opened up some more yesterday, revealing something about one of the 'others'.

Looking forward to the next 15 weeks. Cool

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
Justin Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »

They need to kick things into overdrive the rest of this season and bring it to a conclusion next year.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2007, 01:01:33 AM »

Yeah, the show seems to be dragging. I didn't even like last night's episode that much. It was OK, but nothing awesome. Still feels like filler or something to me. I also want to get back to the main island and the main cast.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

"When you're pushed...killing's as easy as breathing."
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2007, 01:21:31 PM »

I just love this show. I don't mind if it goes on like this for another 3 seasons, although I doubt it'll survive one more, mainly due to logistics, and the fact that people get bored too easily.

*SPOLIER*
So Desmond goes back in time and gets a chance to make it different, but ends up in the same place. I realize it's still a flashback in a way, but dang.

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »

Last night's episode was better, IMO. I like the characters they were focusing on more, and I like the situations, location, ect more. I don't know why, but the whole Others Island and the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle really does not interest me. Maybe because we spent so much ruttin time there this season. Hopefully it's almost over and we'll get some new stuff going on.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

kevlar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »

While I agree that the show has declined a bit in quality I am taking a sit back and wait approach with it. I am still content to let the writers take us somewhere and see what they have up their sleeves.

It hasn't spiraled as out of control as the X-Files did in the last couple of seasons yet.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2007, 11:24:11 PM »

*cough*Alias*cough*Same showrunner*cough*

I should have that looked at.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

kevlar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2007, 01:40:25 PM »

but the premise for Alias was shitte from the beginning. There really was nothing original about it. It had two options, tread old territory that other shows have already done in one form or another or go completely off the wall and try and be original. It tried the later but when you start with a tired premise to begin with it's pretty hard to change gears half way through. Lost is an fairly original idea and therefore I will allow them to make some liberties and maybe stretch things past where we/they thought it might go in the beginning. 
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2007, 04:05:09 PM »

I thought there was a lot of potential in the Rambaldi stuff, that Season 4 cliffhanger was cool, ect. But it all just crapped out. It was obvious that none of the writers cared enough to do anything cool, and never had a plan. They just wanted to hurry up and wrap the damn thing up.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »

Alias failed because ABC fooled around with it too much. Season 4 was a "reboot" which tried to gain more viewers by becoming a procedural and it resulted in the show's worst season by far. It ended with an awesome cliffhanger that was fumbled for most of season 5 before the show ended with a slighty better note. But all in all, the show produced 2 of TV's finest seasons of all time before slowly unraveling into a parady of itself.

And that is what's happening to Lost, IMO.

Shows don't need to have original premises. Lost's premise has been done a million times before as well. Lord of the Flies, Cast Away, etc... It's the writing, the acting and the structure of the show that makes a show good.

Lost is wearing thin because they aren't advancing the storylines efficiently enough. They've got too much going on and too many characters to deal with. I'm still very intrigued in the show and it still is one of my faves, but they need to start moving things along. And I agree, one more season for this show would be just about perfect.

Who's house? Run's house.
Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2007, 11:38:04 PM »

Well said (+). I think one (or two, but that is stretching it) more seasons of Lost would be good as well. They need to pick up the pace, whatever happens.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »

Well, last night's episode was pretty good. More fluff, but at least it was entertaining this time.

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2007, 11:33:58 AM »

Definitely entertaining, but I didn't understand why the ads kept going on and on about.. you don't want to miss this one.

Hey Beckmen, do you think you have something in common with hurley (minus the lottery/bad luck)? For some reason I think of you when I see him. You know, like you just go with the flow and don't give a rat's ass what happens, kinda guy. Smiley

Beckmen
Shriners
Ultimate Member

I'm a alien!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »

Sometimes I still am, sometimes I am not even human.

I did love the quote: "Let's look death in the face and say: "Whatever, dude."!"

My Short Films
My DVD Collection

Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2007, 08:27:07 AM »

It was a well-written and fun episode, even though it brought nothing to the overall arc of the storyline.

Who's house? Run's house.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: