Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 36670 times)
StudioGeek
Shriners

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: Mar 23, 2007, 06:06:44 PM »

Since I'm late to the whole conversation here, let me just remind you I'm a lifelong die-hard saints fan and this season was the most amazing of my life - if your interested, read my blog about it here:
http://www.bexperiment.com/?p=59

I also am VERY blessed to have attended the 2 best games of my life this year - Sept 25th versus Atlanta in New Orleans (the return to the Superdome) and the Divisional Playoff win versus Philly. What a ride this season was Smiley

Look forward to chatting it up about 07 soon!!

bryan

StudioGeek (FKA bryskyd)

Me on XBOX360:
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:58:48 AM »

Hey Mirage,

Did you watch the Patriots/Ravens game yesterday? In my universe, the Ravens won that game.

I'm not sure if I've ever hated a team before than the way I hate the patriots now.

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
Justin Cleveland
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:55:44 AM »

In every universe the Ravens won that game.  It was gift-wrapped by the officials for the Patriots.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »

Glad to hear some non-Ravens fans venting about the officiating. It was downright horrible but the Ravens also shot themselves in the foot a few times too.

I was at the game and I was expecting a blowout so when the Ravens hung around, I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. The Ravens find ways to lose this season, thats just the way their season is going. So when we lost like that, I wish we would have just been blowout so I could have left at halftime. What a disappointment.

I hope the Pats go undefeated in the regular season and then get beaten by the Colts in NE. That is the best scenario right now.

Who's house? Run's house.
zenje
Shriners
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »

Glad to hear some non-Ravens fans venting about the officiating.
Oh yeah, specifically the last so-called "touchdown". I kept shouting, these refs have been paid off! Bastards!
It was downright horrible but the Ravens also shot themselves in the foot a few times too.
I think the "Time out" at 4th down was the worst. It showed they had no confidence in their defence that had done so well.
I hope the Pats go undefeated in the regular season and then get beaten by the Colts in NE. That is the best scenario right now.
Me too. But it would be some show if they lost to the Dolphins! Grin

I'm listening to the music with no fear.
You can hear it too if you're sincere.
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:50:41 AM »

I could tell the TD was incomplete on the jumbro-tron in the upper deck. I think someone was definitely in the refs ear piece when they were reviewing the play at the instant reply booth telling them to keep the call the way it was. The NFL wants the Pats to go undefeated in the worst way.

The TO would have been well placed if they hadn't already stopped them! Just bad timing, but again, another way the Ravens have found a way to lose this season.

Shriners
Ultimate Member

Dressed for Success!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 24, 2008, 10:03:30 PM »

So how is everyone's football season going?

The Bucs are doing fairly well, so I should be able to get a playoff game from them....and the Texans are of course doing what they do, and keep my expectations in check every week.

Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 24, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »

In case anyone wants to know, I'm a Vikings fan.
Unfortunately I live in Tampa and was at their loss last weekend.
We need a real Coach. Chilly is in way over his head.
Honestly the reason I wanted to go (And mom supplied tix as a birthday present back in June) was to see All Day run. I want to be able to say I saw the kid run, just once.
Anyway... that's my NFL 2 cents.
Gino
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »

Heh, Eagles fan here.  McNabb is trash this year and the team is destined for the cellar this year.  At least the Phillies won the series, can't take that away from me  Grin

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Nov 25, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »

LOL Kedrix. I was at the Ravens/Eagles game and the Philly fans just didn't know what to do. They couldn't trash talk so they started fights. Typical Philly fans. I know you're one of the good ones, Ked, but I have to admit, I loved that the Ravens pushed the Eagles sh!t in and effectively ended McNabb's run in Philly. He'll go somewhere like Minnesota and Chicago and be a good QB again once he has a RB to hand off to 30+ times a game.

Looks like Andy Reid's as good as gone too.

GO RAVENS!

Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 25, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »

Hey Kedrix,
Eagles are my second team.
I was born and raised in the Philly area so grew up with them.
It was bittersweet in the World Series. I live in Tampa now but have a lot of love for the Phils.
My grandpop took me to a ton of games at The Vet.
I'm still a huge Mike Scmidt fan. Best 3rd Baseman to ever play the game.
I was there during the 1980 Championship and the 1970's runs of The Flyers and later 76'ers.
Gino
Mirage52
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2008, 08:23:05 AM »

Hey Kedrix,
Eagles are my second team.
I was born and raised in the Philly area so grew up with them.
It was bittersweet in the World Series. I live in Tampa now but have a lot of love for the Phils.
My grandpop took me to a ton of games at The Vet.
I'm still a huge Mike Scmidt fan. Best 3rd Baseman to ever play the game.
I was there during the 1980 Championship and the 1970's runs of The Flyers and later 76'ers.
Gino

What, you mean Scott Rolen isn't the best 3rd basemen in history? LOL

I was at a O's/Phillies game at the Vet before it met its deserved demise and during the game Rolen did something the Philly fans didn't like... struck out, walked, only got a single or something like that, and the Philly fans booed the crap out of him. Then he wins the game in extra innings. What do Philly fans do? Cheer him like he's the reincarnation of Mike Schmidt.

Don't get me wrong, I love Philly. The city. The fans? That's another issue. I love their passion and I like that they don't take crap from any of their teams or players, regardless of if the player is a star or not, but they are the biggest fairweather fans in the country.

Oh, and they booed Santa.

Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »

I would boo Santa, he didn't bring me a pony last year.  Seriously though, they booed Destiny's Child at an NBA All-Star game just because I think one of the girls was wearing a laker jersey.  They're hot (and can sing).  Most Philly fans (myself nor Gino included) are pretty wacked out.  I've been a loyal fan since I was 5 years old for the Phillies and the Flyers (hockey).  Eagles and 76ers I am an okay fan of but not hardset.  Mike Schmidt is awesome, best 3rd baseman ever for sure.  I wish I had gotten to go to the Vet one last time.  Rolen wasn't bad, but let's face it; he couldn't shine Schmidt's shoes. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Gino
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2008, 02:52:36 PM »

Hey Kedrix,
Will you still like McNabb when he's wearing purple next year? Grin
Kedrix
Global Moderator
Ultimate Member

*The Forgotten One*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »

Sure...he's an alright guy.  I appreciate the hard work he put into Philly and he take them to a Super Bowl and many playoff appearances.  I don't usually boo the guy when they go to another team.  Well except for Allen Iverson...I was so glad when he left the 76ers even if they stunk to high heck afterwards.  He's a virus.  But Barkley is another good example, I stuck with him in Phoenix and Houston after he left the 76ers, he was soooo fun to watch. 

Michael Durr
aka
Kedrix of Aldrianian
(*The Forgotten One*)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: